the power of ventriloquism


when you say things to people, to your people, in the spaces that you do, from the space which you occupy, do you think we feel you, see you, hear you, recognize you?

Public calls sound like just what they are, background noise, its sounds political, sounds like you really talking to someone else, through someone else. If you wanna reach me stop talking at the university and take yo ass to the streets, if I am at a university you can best believe I am in a "better" space. Take yo ass to a jail, take yo ass to the deepest ghetto and talk this talk you talk, show me some gold nigga. I can say this to you because I have defeated the "odds" and do so daily. I face the odds, and they don't like me, and this leads me to my question for you and all of your talk on responsibility:
IF I AM HERE AND I STILL GET ALL THE BS YOU TALKING ABOUT WE MIGHT GET OVER IF WE GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER, WHATS REALLY GOING ON?
As a matter of fact shits no damn different than the hood nigga, and that's real. Everyone ready to bust yo ass at the drop, lack of morals, lack of character, all kinds of foul stank bitch made weak ass pootbut shit! And you want me to aspire to this? Get yo shit right Bill, cut the strings cuz I'm tired of the house nigga gonna get the darkies in line routine, didn't you make a movie about that shit awhile back with ya boy? I'm tired of funky ass oblique, ambivalent, secondary racism which indirectly you promote. How so? Well lets just say a lot of white folks are comfortable with cliff huxtable, white folks that have those very same forementioned traits, are quick to spout of some of your hot ass gibberish like I'm supposed to fall my black ass in line cuz yo ass said it? Get the fuck outta here! Bill you really fucking up my steeze, by invalidating the space that we have been provided/exist/try to expand you are serving the very whims of those who don't wish us to excel, and I'm getting tired of the "exceptional negro" character I don't need to prove to no one who and what I am. What I am is an individual who is at the threshold of the institution and I see our sons and daughters becoming, becoming what is my mission, my passion, and its real. Not some make believe toughlove pull yourself up by the boot straps BS, nigga you better get yo ass in these streets, everyday, if you wanna see the change you say you wanna see.
Take some notes from
Harry (Belafonte), all balls, no bull.

when you say things to people, to your people, in the spaces that you do, from the space which you occupy, do you think we feel you, see you, hear you, recognize you?
Editorial note: while I try to avoid polarizing situations within our cultural space I must make an exception on things of this nature, especially by individuals who have the power to make sweeping changes on our behalf.

Cut the strings...
NARO%